Labour’s homes tax is a terrible idea that would hit hardworking families – that’s the verdict of Labour MPs and senior figures:
- Labour peer Lord Mandelson says it’s ‘crude’, ‘short-termist’, and will end up ‘clobbering people’(Newsnight, 19 Jan 2015)
- Labour MP Tessa Jowell says it will force people ‘to move out of their family homes’ (Guardian, 26 Nov 2013)
- Former Labour Home Secretary Charles Clarke says it’s ‘absurd’and ‘designed for political reasons’ (Huffington Post, 5 Jan 2015)
- Labour MP Glenda Jackson says it will ‘impact disastrously on people… particularly pensioners’ (Ham&High, 2 Oct 2014)
- Labour peer Lord Noon says it’s a‘hopeless and desperate idea’(Sunday Times, 5 Oct 2014)
Labour are in chaos over their flagship homes tax.
Here are the facts about Labour’s tax:
- It won’t just apply to mansions.Labour are already talking about lowering the cap, with calls for homes worth £400,000 to be taxed (Sunday Express, 10 Aug 2014)
- If you earn £42,000, Labour class you as ‘wealthy’ and say you will have to pay the tax up front
- If you’re a pensioner on a low income, Labour want your family to pay the tax when you die
The facts are clear: Labour’s homes tax would hit hardworking families – and even Labour know it. Sign the petition to stop Labour’s tax on the family home – then share this post to let everyone know.