REVEALED: LABOUR’S SECRET PLAN FOR £25BN MORE SPENDING AND BORROWING
Today The Times has sensationally revealed Labour’s secret plans to borrow and spend an extra £25 billion after the election.
Last weekend, Ed Balls was claiming that Labour ‘will not duck the hard choices ahead’.
But analysis by the Institute for Fiscal Studies, a respected independent think tank praised by Balls in the past, has shown thatLabour’s plans would allow billions of pounds of extra spending and borrowing.
Gemma Tetlow, programme director of the IFS’ work on pensions, saving and public finances, said: “Ed Balls’s commitment to achieve a surplus on the current budget would allowsignificantly higher spending on both investment and day-to-day items than would George Osborne’s plan.”
When they were in government, Labour spent and borrowed through the good times and took us into the economic crash with the biggest structural deficit in the developed world – and now they’re proposing yet more spending, more borrowing and more taxes.
Their £25bn of extra spending and borrowing would mean more taxes for hardworking people, putting the recovery at risk and making families less financially secure.
The choice at the next election is now clear.
Same old Labour with no plan, putting Britain’s future at risk.
Or the Conservatives, with our long-term economic that is building a stronger, more competitive economy and securing a better future for Britain by:
- Reducing the deficit so we deal with our debts, safeguard our economy for the long term and keep mortgage rates low.
- Cutting income tax and freezing fuel duty to help hardworking people be more financially secure.
- Creating more jobs by backing small business and enterprise with better infrastructure and lower jobs taxes.
- Capping welfare and reducing immigration so our economy delivers for people who want to work hard and play by the rules.
- Delivering the best schools and skills for young people so the next generation can succeed in the global race.
Our long term economic plan is delivering growth and economic security for hardworking people. Labour’s economic policy of more borrowing and spending is the single biggest risk to the economic recovery.
Don’t let Labour wreck the economy again – play your part in securing a better future by joining the Conservatives today.